About Us: "It's actually about you."
For over 130 years, RCM&D has helped organizations throughout the world solve their complex risk management, insurance and employee benefit challenges. We foster a culture that is passionate about working in a collaborative, informed partnership with each organization we serve. To describe our business is to first describe yours; and our success is hinged on the superior outcomes your organization achieves.
Founded in 1885 and ranked among the top privately-held insurance advisory firms in the country, RCM&D provides strategic insurance consulting, risk management and employee benefits services to diverse clients. We employ more than 300 professionals in six locations throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
Guided by the principles of our managing owners, RCM&D combines vast experience, specialized expertise and personal attention to deliver solutions individually tailored to each client's needs.
RCM&D remains dedicated to sustaining a "flat" organization where our people are empowered to act expediently and with purpose on behalf of the client. We are detached from Wall Street; our vitality comes from your street. Our business is dedicated to serving your business.
Working with RCM&D is truly a consultative process of collaboration, understanding, analysis and results. Beholden to no particular product or market, we bring a senior team to each relationship that is client-focused, agile in their discovery and truly vested in your outcomes and success.
We understand your industry, but more importantly, we take the time to learn your specific organization. While we bring innovative ideas, it is critical that we adapt them to your unique business challenges, thus applying them in a way that your organization can use them to drive positive, identifiable impact.
RCM&D brings distinctive value to our clients through our:
- Client-Driven Focus: Our work is about you, not us. We take a consultative approach that listens, understands and responds to your needs.
- Dedicated Senior-Level Immersion: Our teams are comprised of senior, expert professionals who are engaged during the entire work process. They are empowered to solve and deliver on both complex challenges, as well as your daily operations.
- Culture of Passionate Engagement: Our employees thrive in the day-to-day business of solving problems and in this culture of enthusiasm, success and competence is a point of pride within our firm.
- Agnostic Product and Solution Approach: As objective consultants, we are product and solution "agnostic," meaning we are not beholden to any one solution or market.
- Committed Industry Involvement and Leadership: We are distinctively connected to the risk management community in the industries we serve and are on the cutting edge of new trends and practices.
- Exceptional People, Competencies and Professional Experience: Each of our colleagues brings years of consulting, insurance, risk management and industry experience to their work. They pride themselves on their distinctive perspectives and competencies. Furthermore, they are learners and listeners, especially keen on growing their knowledge about your business and industry.
- Real Access to Assets, Methodologies and Distinctive Tools: We support our work with a robust and comprehensive set of approaches, methodologies and tools that enable us to perform assessments, codify analysis, frame recommendations and develop optimal solutions.
- Respected Client Experience: With a rich history of successful, ongoing client relationships, we can share countless success stories, as well as leverage the insight gained from this experience with your business needs.
- Unwavering Quality and Compliance: We understand and embrace compliance standards and rigorously pursue continuous improvement in our deliverables and in our processes. Put simply, we pay attention to the details and do what we say we're going to do.
- Organizational Breadth, Depth and Integrity: For over a century, we have committed ourselves to making integrity and ethics the cornerstone of our company and conducting our business in a manner consistent with these values.
We take great pride in our hard-earned reputation and the principles that embody our core values and client interactions.