RCM&D, one of the nation’s largest independent insurance, risk management and employee benefits consulting firms, is seeking an experienced SQL DBA & SharePoint/BI Developer for its Towson Headquarters.
The SharePoint Business Intelligence (BI) Developers role is to strategically design and implement BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The Business Intelligence Developer is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing. This function will occupy 60% of this position.
The SQL Database Administrator’s role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance-tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software. This function will occupy 40% of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate and select database/data warehouse components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools, and database design solutions.
- Lead the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Develop graphs, dashboards, and portal interfaces.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to the organization’s business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Design and deliver end-user training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
- Provide guidance to other members of the team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- College diploma, university degree, or technical school certification in the field of computer science and/or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in appropriate network, database and application disciplines
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of major operating systems and business applications.
- Hands-on application and database troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS IN:
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise 2010.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 data tools (Excel, forms, etc.)
- SQL reporting.
- Microsoft SQL databases 2005/2008.
- Various Business Intelligence tools and applications.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to accurately perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Grammatically proper speaking and writing skills to effectively communicate with customers, vendors and partners.
The SQL DBA & SharePoint/BI Developer position is a full-time, salaried position which offers flexible scheduling, competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
RCM&D is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply by submitting your cover letter, resume and salary history.
No phone calls please.