June 1 marks the beginning of the 2023 hurricane season, and commercial and residential property owners will begin to worry with the possible devastation and disruptions an active season can bring. However, severe weather comes in many forms and seasons and it is imperative to be prepared for its devastating impact to our workplaces and communities.
This presentation will provide some guidance to emergency planning for extreme weather including:
- Extreme Weather Costs and Trends
- Extreme Weather Forecasting and Alert Systems
- Emergency Planning for Extreme Weather Property Protection
- Using the Hazard and Vulnerability Assessment Tool to Prioritize Weather Perils
- Factors Impacting Extreme Weather
- Pre-Crisis Property Protection Measures for Extreme Weather Conditions