Regardless of the industry or location, incidents of workplace violence continue to rise, particularly since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. News of mass shootings and other active assailant incidents cycle on a seemingly daily basis. However, there are ways to prepare your organization to respond to such incidents.
This webinar will help to provide an understanding of the risks of workplace violence and the actions that can be taken to protect yourself and others if faced with a violent event at work.
We will review several methods to prepare your organization, including:
- How to communicate with staff during an active assailant event
- Identifying adequate evacuation routes and establishing rally points
- Determining when to shelter-in-place and barricade
- Learning assailant distraction and disarming techniques
- Understanding the elements of a Workplace Violence Prevention Program
- Resources for developing a Workplace Violence Prevention Program
This one-hour webinar is a prerequisite for the RCM&D/SISCO Active Assailant Interactive Classroom Response Training, where active assailant response options and techniques are demonstrated and practiced in a detailed interactive program.