Legal Issues Concerning Insurance for Construction Projects at the MSBA Advance Property Institute
Katherine Santarelli will join co-panelists Timothy Gigliotti of Radnor Property Group and Mike Green of Bozzuto Construction to discuss the topic of Legal Issues Concerning Insurance for Construction Projects at the 2018 Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA) Advanced Property Institute. The discussion will be moderated by James Goodrich of Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP.
The organic panel discussion will cover a number of topics related to legal and insurance concerns for construction projects from the perspectives of an insurance broker, a property owner and a contractor. Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- Developing an insurance program from the high-level understanding of a project’s identified goals and risks.
- Balancing the demands of various stakeholders, including the contractors, lenders, owners and other stakeholders.
- Understanding the types of insurance that owners should obtain for themselves as well as the types they should ensure their contractor and its subcontractors have in place.
- Identifying the key needs and differences in various insurance products, including builders risk, property insurance on property improvements, commercial general liability, cyber liability, professional liability insurance and more.
- Bridging the liability gap that may exist between an owner and a contractor.
The MSBA Advanced Property Institute will take place at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel in Columbia, Maryland on Tuesday, October 9, 2018, from 8:15 am to 5:30 pm. The panel discussion Legal Issues Concerning Insurance for Construction Projects will take place from 10:00 am to 10:55 am in the Lakeview Ballroom at the event.
Advanced Property Institute attendees will have the opportunity to earn 6.0 Title Insurance CE, 6.0 CLE Credits, 6.0 Real Estate CE.
10207 Wincopin Cir
Columbia, MD 21044