Webinar | CFMA MD Chapter: Navigating and Complying With Recent Executive Orders and New Laws After the 2021 Maryland Legislative Session
This webinar will highlight important legislative and executive updates that will directly impact the construction industry. The presenters will cover how to navigate Maryland’s recent executive orders and comply with new laws passed during the 2021 Maryland legislative session.
During this webinar, presenters will discuss:
- The Essential Workers Act in response to COVID-19.
- The Peace Act and its impact on workplace violence.
- Changes that affect labor costs and travel time under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA).
- State prevailing wage laws.
- Procurement law pertaining to Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).
- The direction of the Maryland legislature under new leadership and updates on regulation, procurement and turnover amongst legislators.
- Matt Hjortsberg - Partner, Bowie & Jensen, LLC
- Richard A. Tabuteau, Esq. - Attorney/Lobbyist, Tabuteau, LLC
- J. Nicole Windsor - Partner, Bowie & Jensen, LLC
Attendees will be eligible for 1.5 CPE credits in the field of Business Law.