Webinar | Operating a Successful Safety Committee
Safety committees bring workers and management together to promote safety and health in the workplace. Effective committees help prevent injuries and illnesses; increase awareness of health and safety issues among workers, supervisors and managers; and develop and implement strategies to identify and minimize workplace hazards.
- Whether you are working on initial set-up or already have an established safety committee, the webinar will provide critical information and training. We will discuss:
- Components of an effective safety committee.
- Safety committee roles and responsibilities.
- Safety inspections/hazard identification.
- Incident investigation.
- Root cause analysis.
- Drug and alcohol awareness.
Safety committees for Pennsylvania employers that meet the requirements set forth by the Department of Labor and Industry can help an employer achieve a discount on its workers’ compensation premium. Attending this webinar will satisfy the PA state requirements for initial or renewal safety committee certification (relevant for PA and non-PA facilities).
In addition, the webinar is approved for 1.0 contact hour of Continuing Education (CE) credit toward fulfillment of the requirements of ASHRM designations of FASHRM (Fellow) and DFASHRM (Distinguished Fellow) as well as 1.0 contact hour of CE credit toward CPHRM renewal.
Information coming soon. This webinar will be presented by Risk Consultant, Christina Childs.