Ask any realtor and they will tell you spring is the best time of year to buy or sell your home. With warm weather comes the best time to tour a new home and beautifully display your current home for optimal sale.
When putting your home on the market here are some quick tips:
- Make sure you let your insurance agent know your plans. They are in the best position to help you navigate your insurance needs and concerns.
- If your home is unoccupied or vacant there may be an issue of coverage should a claim occur while the home is listed for sale.
- Make sure your home is secure at all times of the day when listed for sale. Know who will have access to keys to your home and when the realtor will be visiting your home for tours.
- If you plan to move personal property into a storage facility while staging your home for sale you may wish to discuss if there is enough coverage for personal property in a storage facility. You may or may not need to purchase coverage through the storage facility.
- Make sure all pets are secured when your home will be toured. Although your pet may be gentle in nature you do not want any visitor to your home claiming otherwise.
- When you make an offer for a new home make sure you reach out to your insurance agent to obtain a home quote for the new home. Your insurance agent will need ample time to research all options available and provide you the appropriate insurance program recommendations.
- When your current home is sold remember to contact your agent to cancel the old home policy.
For some the buying and selling process is quick and painless for others it is long and tedious. An insurance agent can help you smooth out some of the bumps along the way. For more information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.512.4609.